Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Attic is Done (Well Almost)!


It is official! The dry wall is up, the carpet has been laid, the movie room is put together and the train set is up! What more can a four-year old boy ask for? Actually the attic isn't totally finished but it is coming along. We still need to do some painting and then I want to decorate in the "movie room" but it is usable and boy has Vincent been using it! He has been up there every day and so have his friends.



This is the massive train set that Vincent has been collecting since he was one and a half. Each Christmas and birthday he gets more pieces. This train set is called "GeoTrax" and it is the coolest train set EVER! Everything is interactive. Poor Josh spent 5 hours one Saturday putting it together (remember this because it will be relevant later.)



This is a closeup of the airport. You pull the blue lever on the right and the helicopter flies around and around, It also makes the most realistic sounds. It is really fun and we can't wait for our friends and cousins to come up and play it with us!


Off on the other end of the attic is a little room. This room is dedicated to Vincents toys and movies. He LOVES it! This is Vincent and Lily chillin on the 6 foot bean bag we found on Craig's List. He loves to hang out with his sister.

For those of you wondering, the highest part of the cieling is about 5 feet three inches. I can stand straight up in the center but have to start bending down if you walk to either side.

Mom and Dad love to hang out too...



Ok, so here is where things get a little crazy. Ok, no... A lOT CRAZY! One evening I got the bright idea to invite Thomas and Eric over to spend the night since there was no school the next day. So why are there 4 boys you ask? That is because Thomas (all the way on the left) ran up to tell his brother Eric (second from the right) and before I could stop him he said it in front of Jayden (the one in the middle). Of course I felt bad but didn't say anything at first. I went in and told Josh the scenario and he said he didn't care if I had the other two over. BIG MISTAKE!! So I asked Jayden if he wanted to stay over and of course he did, but I couldn't very well ask him and not his brother Jacob (on the far right) so we walked over to his house and ask him and his mother if it would be OK if they could come over for a slumber party. Next thing you know, I have 5 boys in my house for dinner and a night of fun.


Within 5 minutes of being at my house, they had the train set torn apart (remember the 5 hours Josh spent putting it together) and the very heavy TV pulled out of the wall and completely turned around so that they could "hook up" the Nintendo that we already told them didn't work. By now Josh's blood pressure is out the roof and I am ready for him to have a heart attack at any minute! Let's just say we began counting the hours till morning. We knew we were in for a long night.


After the attic fiasco, it was time to eat. Try feeding 5 boys who all like different things...not easy. Dinner was done so I decided to take them outside so I could run all their energy out of them. They played tag, race, climbed trees, caught bugs and so on. That was fun and fine but now it was time to come inside to settle down.


I had them get in their PJ's wash their hands and then I laid out a huge bed on the floor in the movie room. Then I let them pick a movie and they all agreed on Arthur and the Invisibles. Thomas and Eric are the perfect boys. They listen and are not rowdy. The other two however, are rowdy enough for all 5 of them put together. They couldn't settle down for the movie, they were jumping all over the bean bag and crawling through the crawl space which we told them to stay out of. We had to go up there several times to tell them to chill out and at one point I threatened Jayden that I was going to send him home.


It took us 3 hours to get them to sleep. Thomas and Eric decided that they wanted to sleep in the guest room instead of the attic because of the other boys. They fell asleep by 8:30. Vincent stayed up stairs with Jacob and Jayden and they didn't fall asleep until 11. Josh and I were exhausted! We woke up the next morning and by 8:00, I gave Jacob and Jayden a muffin and walked them home. Thomas and Eric got to stay because I had to watch them for the day while their mom and dad went off to work. We went to the park and had a picnic. It was a very nice time.


Moral of the story... I feel very sorry for parents with all boys... Dani:)

No comments: