Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mommy's Little UNWANTED Helper

Let me start by talking a little bit about Lily...

She is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! It is a wonderful quality and also a pain-in-my-butt quality. Lily loves to help me clean, do laundry, load the dish washer, etc. I love this about her but... IT IS KILLING ME! It is killing me because, as you may have guessed... She ISN'T helping AT ALL! Sometimes she even likes to help without being asked. This is where my story begins.

All you moms out there probably know my pain... The list is as follows
You wake up
Make Breakfast
Clean Breakfast
Take kids to school
Try to tidy the house
Pick up kids from school
Make lunch
Clean lunch
Do homework
Tidy the house again
Make dinner
Clean dinner
Get kids to bed
Start all over the next morning!

AND THAT'S THE SHORT LIST:)

OK... so my day is like any other. I am downstairs folding laundry TRYING to get some things done. I am especially frustrated because I am behind in my chores and I can't catch up but I am trying desperately. Lily is downstairs with me and seemed to be occupying her time nicely. Little did I know, she had taken it upon herself to...

Unload her dresser drawers and throw clothes everywhere...

And, find anything she could to stuff in the dryer.

As you can see, she is very proud of her work.

Contents: Paper towels, dance tights and a sweater:)

She also got into Josh's closet and pulled out all his under garments and threw them everywhere (actually, her new thing is to take out his garments and stuff them in every garbage can that she can find in the basement). This was extremely frustrating because I had just washed and folded all the under garments. It took me FOREVER and I had to do it all over again!

Another cute example of Lily pitching in and helping out is this:

She LOVED to put the candy canes on the tree!

The only problem is, she loved to put them all in one place!

We love our little helper!

No comments: