Saturday, November 28, 2009

Opening Night!

Vincent had is on-stage debut as Tiny Tim on November 27th 2009. It was our opening night and it went very well. I must say Vincent was "spot on!" I, however, got incredibly sick right in the middle of the show. Yes folks... I muddled through but was down with the flu the rest of our Thanksgiving weekend. Poor Josh:(

Here are some highlights of the show:

Vincent with our director "Mr. Jerry." He is a jolly old man who we have really enjoyed working with. He has nothing to say but wonderful things about Vincent.

Here is a glimpse of the "Ladies Dressing Room." Everyone in the cast is wonderful and very helpful. To the left is Heather. She helps me during my fast costume changes. To the right of me is Janalee. She graciously volunteered to help Vincent with his very fast costume change because I am on stage when he is getting ready. Let me tell you, this is not an easy task! The two ladies on the right are Blue and Tracy, her mother who also plays Mrs. Catchet. Love you ladies!
This is me hanging out in the "green room" during the performance and despite my demeanor, I am miserable in this dress. My double and I share our costumes. She is 110 pounds with NO boobs and I am exactly the opposite. Let's just say that what the costume ladies do with these costumes are amazing!
There is a period of time that Vincent and I get to hang out together and play games with other cast members. I don't know whether he has more fun backstage or on stage. Either way, I'm happy he is having fun and that we share it together! We play a lot of "Guess Who."


This is one of Vincent's sister's in the show. She is a doll and her name is Kamryn. They are great buds and she is very helpful with Vincent.
This is Vincent's favorite "big kid buddy," Mont, and he is a terrible influence! They love to play fight and call each other silly names like: chicken butt or fuzzy face etc. Just when I get Vincent calm and collected, Mont walks in and it's all down hill from there:) We love you Mont!
This is me as the Charwoman--the other character that I play--and these are the other people in a song called "Hey Old Joe." It is a very fun number and as you can see, I get really into it! The other lady in the picture is Diane Dabczysnki. She is my voice teacher who encouraged me to audition for the show. Thanks Diane!


More cast members...
This is a fun photo of Vincent playing his leapster in costume. I'm sure Tiny Tin would have loved a leapster:)
This other boy in the picture is Hyrum who also plays the role of Tim.
This is my partner Glade who plays Fred. He is very fun to work with and has a lot of energy. It is always fun when you have a partner who you can play off. I have had a great time working with him.
Vincent and I at the end of the show.

Josh and I are so proud of Vincent. He has learned a lot and gained tons of self confidence. To be honest, I don't think having audience phased him in the least. He just did his thing. It is fun to hear the audience sigh after he says his lines. His English accent is adorable if I might say so myself.

No comments: