Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lily's First Halloween!

Well, I have done it again... I have waited too long to post and now I am completely uninspired to write anything. However, I will do my best and try not to bore any of you. I will make up for it with lots of pictures.

Halloween...


We love our neighborhood as all of you know, but when it comes to Halloween, it is a big fat dud! So, this year, we decided to go to our good friends in Pleasant Grove--the Knapton Family. They are wonderful people who have adopted us into their family. They also live in a VERY well off neighborhood and as far as the candy is concerned...we knew that area would not disappoint!

Lily was a "Lady Bug Fairy." I didn't plan it on purpose but, a nick name we have for her is "Lily Bug." So it's kinda cute that last year she was a flower and this year she is a bug. She loved her costume, more particularly her shoes; they clicked every time her feet hit the floor. The Knapton's have beautiful hard wood floors and Lily spent most of her time walking back and forth hearing herself make noise.

I don't know where she got it, but the picture above is her new "pose" that she insists on doing every time I want to take her picture.
This is my favorite picture of Lily:)

Vincent was Bumblebee from Transformers.

Lily was completely oblivious to what was going on but Vincent on the other hand was rearing to go! So...we were off to our first house.

This was the very first house we went to and Lily followed Vincent up the stairs and was very excited although she didn't know why. Vincent knocked on the door and then they waited for about a min. Right as we were about to leave this is what happened...


Lily was a little traumatized. However, this was nothing compared to the next house.

This house had a fog machine and lots of animated figures. Lily was freaked out and so was Vincent. We thought the fog would be the worst thing but when we got to the door, there was this man in a really scary mask who was convulsing and wouldn't talk. He was practically hovering over the candy bowl. He was in character the whole time which kinda made me mad because we were the only ones there, and he wouldn't break character for a 1-year old. Lily refused to get the candy out of the barrel and Vincent grabbed as fast as he could. After we left, the man decided to chase Vincent to the side walk. Vincent was freaked and Lily wanted on Dad's shoulders ASAP.

When we got to the next house, Lily leg-locked Josh around the neck and wouldn't let him put her down for about two houses. After that, she was thrilled and really enjoyed the mechanics of putting the candy in her bucket. She wouldn't let go of the bucket the whole night even though it was getting heavy. Josh would try to help her carry it and every time he went to take it, she would scream and pull the bucket behind her which would then throw her off balance because it was just too heavy:)

This was my favorite house of the evening... I wish we could see it better but it just wasn't dark enough yet.


We had a fun filled evening. The thing that amazed me was that we didn't even get around the entire circle of the gated community before Vincent said to me, "I'm done Mom." I was shocked and replied, "Don't you want anymore candy?" with which Vincent responded, "I'm good." Man, back in the day, I would trick-or-treat till my bag was totally full. Halloween just doesn't seem to be like it used to.

I had to post this picture of my neighbors, Rodd and Ashley. They are too fun! This is what they wore to their Ward Halloween party. My favorite touch was the sticker on her blouse that said "I Voted," the fiber bars and the Worther's Original candies in her basket. And Rodd, well, he just fit the part. We love you guys!

More fun Fall and Halloween activities...

This is Vincent's classroom. I volunteered to help in their Halloween Party. Each Mom was supposed to bring an activity for the party. My idea was musical chairs. The teacher LOVED it! I guess no one had ever done it before and it was a hit with the kids. I used Halloween music like: Monster Mash, Ghost Busters, Purple People Eater and Addam's Family. It also made for good background music while the other kids were at their stations.
We had a whole lot of fun!


Earlier that month, we went to the pumpkin patch we go to every year. It is at a local farm and they have a lot of activities for the kids including a very easy corn maze.





Lily loves animals. She was most happy here with the goats. She will pick up anything off the ground and try to feed the animals. I love this picture because she is waving to the goat.


Lily had no fear playing in the bounce house with 20 other kids. She was getting knocked by everyone. Especially her brother:)
Lily's second love is climbing and she WILL climb what ever is physically possible. She wanted to do this playground equipment herself.
She loved the slide. She has figured out how to use her feet on the side of the slide to slow her down. Smart!

Vincent loves the monkey bars and is very good at them.

Fall is a wonderful time and we take advantage as much as we can of all the fun activities. Just one more thing we love about Utah! Now, we look forward to the snow!

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

Ok, Lily's fairy lady bug costume, SO adorable!! Looks like you all had a fantastical Halloween, and that neighborhood was rather nice. As far as the creepy factor, I'm pretty sure Maggie would have NEVER recovered from the scarey, shaking man. haha