Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall Is Coming ...and Lily is a Nightmare!

Well, for those of you haven't talked to me recently, this is actually one of Lily's happier moments. Lillian is 3 months now, super cute and totally the devil! I can't take her anywhere. Not even for a walk to the convenience store down the street. I had my mental breakdown two days ago. She cried all day and I just cried right along with her. Vincent doesn't seen to mind though. He wants to hold her all the time. This picture was taken one morning when they were chillin' watching Disney channel. He always seems to be able to make her laugh. It is really cute because she has a little twinkle in her eye when she looks at him. Vincent gets especially thrilled when we ask her if she loves her big brother and then she smiles right on queue.



As for myself... I am so excited for the change of season.
This is the view from my house; I wish the picture did it justice. The weather has been in the70's and 80's and gets really cool in the morning and night. I can actually wear a light sweater. I love to sit outside everyday and feed the baby or watch Vinny ride his bike. Most of the time you will find me across the street hanging out with my neighbor Dawn. We sit on her porch, watch the kids and talk for hours. She is so cool and the sweetest thing ever. It has been fun getting to know her. She is so helpful. This is the neighbor who brought us the yummy dinner when we first moved in. The other morning she heard the baby crying from across the street and came over to see if I needed a break. We are going to exchange babysitting. She has two boys who are younger. Their names are Asher and Mckiah.


This is me reading to the kids and Vincent's friend Eric.

We were reading Sheetzucacapoopoo: My Kind of Dog.

The kids love the funny accents I do for each different dog.

So far I am sure my life seems glamorous. I have two cute kids, I love where I live, I have a great husband... But let's get real...


This is my life!


I look like crap almost every day. I am lucky if I get to take a shower. I clean almost every spare second I get when I am not holding the baby. And my clothes barely fit.I don't know how these other mom's with a colic baby do it everyday. I pretty much don't have any relief.


Phew! Thanks for listening. I am done now.


On to a happier note...


Vincent loves to read now and he has actually started to read his first books all the way through by himself. He read Doc in the Fog and Bud the Sub without any help from me or me reading it first. He sounded out every word. I can also ask him how to spell words and he can figure it out in his head. Today he spelled pasta as "PASTU". If you sound out each letter it is pretty smart that he used a "U" at the end. He amazes me everyday just at how smart he is!

We have gone to the library a couple of times. They have the most amazing story time there; better than any I have seen. They do songs, puppet shows, pass out the letter of the day and give a craft as well as read a story that has the pictures of the book projected behind them.



We have had days of catching bugs...

Bats!!

Yes, I said a bat. Our neighbor,Cory, caught this bat hanging in his shed. I wish you could see it in the picture better. It was actually kind of cute.

...cup fights on the trampoline. (By the way, we need a new one because the boys have jumped on it half to death and now find it funny to rip the springs off.)

Games with dad on a peaceful Sunday. This particular game was Wheels On The Bus-- (thanks Chloe)!

Lily loves her Bumbo!

Friday night is "Pajama Movie Night" with friends... This night is Teen-aged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

And cookies too...

Look at me! Just a modern day Betty Crocker... NOT! Betty would at least look good for her husband when he got home (but since Josh is already home I don't care)!

As you can see, we have been having fun despite our crying, high-maintenance-little-bundle-of-joy named Lily. Josh is doing great in school. He is working on another paper he wants to publish and enter into a contest. If he wins first place, he would get a thousand dollars (cross your fingers). Vincent is becoming quite the big brother and a fine--although mouthy--young boy. And Lily is beautiful and we have faith that she will come out of this intense phase. Aside from all my joking, I am very grateful for my family and this wonderful opportunity to experience a new place. The only thing missing is our family and friends.

6 comments:

Brent Nichols said...

I go exactly through the same thing with our dogs. I know exactly how you feel.

Allyson & Jere said...

Your post cracked me up here. Amen to the, who hs time to get showered, AND take care of teh kids AND clean thing. I get dusting done about once a month it seems like. UGH! But, on the other hand, you do make it sound like you're having a grand old time up there in Provo. You're a better Mom than me, story times, bug catching, et all. I'm doing good to leave the house and grocery shop.

kendra said...

Hey Sabrina!

I hope you're having a better week!!! You better not be calling that little sweetie of yours a "devil"! Don't forget our story about that Dani girl that we know, remember? when she was just little, her biological mom would say, "I don't know what's wrong with that girl, she's just got the devil in her!"

And we all know how that "Dani" girl turned out!

Remember, as a man thinketh ......
lol!!! (really,no joke, hu?!)lol!!

Hang in there and give her some great thoughts!! She probably was coming down from Heaven and thought, oh crap, this world might be a little to scary for me!! Lucky she came down to you guys though!!! Love you guys, Mom Bodine

Julie said...

Oh Sabrina
So sorry about Lily. You are an amazing mom though. I agree with Allyson that I'm good to leave the house and grocery shop and you are truly "betty crocker-ing" it up with fun activities left and right! Good to see our Magic Music Kidz shirts getting a little usage as well!

Jami Edwards said...

Sabrina love the post. So true! I dont even have kids and I dont always shower on my days off when cleaning etc... So as I was looking at your pictures I noticed that the beach towel you guys are sitting on outside I think is mine. What a crack up!! I was laughing because I must have left it in your car when we went swimming. I didn't even notice it was gone:) It does look so pretty up there, I am soo jealous of how beautiful the weather is up there. miss you guys jami

Unknown said...

I think showering and getting ready is SO overrated (says she who hasn't left the couch in almost 10 days since her tonsillectomy much LESS showered and gotten ready for ANYTHING!!)