Friday, December 19, 2008

Lillian Is 6 Months

My how the time flies!

Even though I thought the first four months felt like an eternity, in hindsight, it went really fast! I can't believe all that we have been through in the last 6 months. Lily was born, we moved out of state and Josh started school.

Lily has finally turned a corner. She is MUCH better now and actually enjoyable. Not to mention she is as cute as a button, and she and Vinny are BEST friends.

Lillian's Mile Stones...

She started eating rice cereal, oatmeal and green beans which is going straight to her thighs! She now weighs 18.5 pounds. GO LILY!

She has actually done well with all the food so far. She was definitely ready to start solid food. Josh and I would love to watch her watch us eat because she would watch us intently. When I put the spoon in her mouth, she started "chewing". It was adorable! She also cut her first tooth and I think two more are on the way. She cut her bottom left tooth. I didn't even know she was teething until it had already popped out. So far she hasn't been a terrible teether.

This is Lily hanging out in the movie room in the attic. She likes to be up there with her big brother.

Lillian also started sitting up by herself. She is still not perfect and needs to be watched but not bad all in all.

Josh is head over heels for Lily. She is going to have a hard time when it comes time to date:)
Lily koo's and tries to talk a lot. She will often times sit under her little gym and just babble away. I love to watch her little fingers move because they move like she is playing the piano. Notice her right hand in the picture above.

Vincent loves his little sister so much and she absolutely adores him. I can ask her "where's brother?" or "where's Vincent?" and she will look right at him.

He is also the only one who can really get her to bust a gut! Vincent can say one word and she will start laughing. Then, myself or Josh will try to say the same thing in the same inflection and she will just stare at us like we are idiots! The video below is just a small example. We try to record her more when she is laughing but when she sees the recorder she stops because she is mesmerized by the light:)




Despite the first few months that were terrible (and I mean throw me off a bridge terrible!), I have had some time to stop and appreciate that she won't be little forever, and before I know it... she will be all grown up. I love the moments when I can cuddle up with the kids on the couch and just hold them. Vincent will talk to me, give me lots of love and Lily will watch intently. Those are the moments that make it all worth it.

4 comments:

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Sabrina- I haven't checked out your blog in a while and I love all the new posts! What a fun season you are having. And your Dad is the cutest...coming all the way to do cookie day. I'm just sad I don't live down the street in Provo so I could sample your goods!

The Maxsons said...

great new posts Bean! So fun to see you doing well there, even tho its hard I'm sure. I LOVE all that snow. LUCKY!!! It had to feel like a "REAL" christmas! Love you and miss you!
Linz

Crandell Fam said...

Oh my gosh, your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad I found your blog through Allyson. It's fun to keep up with you and your cute family!

Allyson & Jere said...

Ok, Lillian and her 6monthedness IS adorable, but I'm totally ready for a new post. Stop making me wait so long, don't you know I NEED to be fed! Write something, show me pictures, continue to prove what a super fun Mommy you are and that I'm not. C'mon Brina, help a sister out! Love ya!