Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter...

I couldn't believe it! Josh and I were talking about what we wanted to do for Easter and he said, "Why don't we have an egg hunt for the kids in our neighborhood?" Genius!!!!!

I was totally on board!

So, the next thing you know I was making these cute little invites for the people in our neighborhood. Josh laughed and said, "I thought we were just gonna have a hunt. I didn't know it was going to turn into a production." I then replied, "That is the difference between men and women."


So, 211 eggs later and a lot of cupcakes, we were ready for our hunt.

Saturday, April 11th was day of the hunt and not to my surprise, we had a major turn-out. We have the coolest neighborhood in the world! Not all the kids were in this photo but I think there were between 15 and 20 kids, some of which include my cousins.

We are die-hards! Leave it to me to pick the exact minute for it to start raining just in time for our hunt. We did it anyway and loved it.

Waiting for the sound off... On your mark, get set, GO!!!!!




Lily didn't look so good. Poor thing wound up sick with a fever that night with a 103 fever to be exact. Poor Josh had to go to Walgreen's at 3am. to get more Tylenol.



Awe Katie Bell. This is my second cousin who is so cute. When she found her first egg, she started screaming and shouting "I found an egg!" She wanted to run and show everyone and we said "Go get more before they are gone!" It was adorable.


Caitlyn...


HMMMM.... Where could they be?

Thomas...

Second cousin Victoria. Did very well on her first egg hunt:)


Yummy! Cupcakes with gumball. For a person who sucks at baking, these cupcakes turn out quite well.



Silly boy, you eat it, not sniff it:)


Maggie was going to town on these cupcakes.





All in all, the neighbors loved it and praised us on our holiday spirit. They were very appreciative and it was a joy and a pleasure to put a smile on everyone's faces. I think we will do it again next year!

Later That Night...


No Easter would be complete without coloring eggs!
Lily had the most fun with the eggs!

Of course, she tried really hard to eat them:)

Vincent thought "To heck with the egg dippers!"


He was very impressed with his blue fingers.





The Easter bunny brought many fun goodies for the kids. Vincent got flip flops, transformer, paddle ball and candy.

Lily got a bib and a squeaky toy.
That Easter bunny sure hides eggs in tricky places!

After the Easter egg hunt, we went to church, came home, and had dinner. We asked Vincent why we celebrate Easter and he was able to tell us about Christ and the resurrection. We were very impressed. I am glad to know that he is learning and taking things away from Church.
Later that evening, we made Easter crafts that were given to us by our neighbors. It was a lot of fun:)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how big your kiddos are getting. Lilly is adorable, love those leg rolls!! We had a good time on our AZ trip but it didnt feel complete without you there:( Love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the updates. Your kids are so dang cute. I'm glad to see you are all doing so well. I love the story about Vincent spelling Sex.