Monday, April 13, 2009

Look Out World... Lily is Crawling!


Lily first crawled (Tues) March 17th. She is 9 months and 21 pounds in this picture.

My little Lily is growing up!

She is soooo the opposite of Vincent. Vinny would sit exactly where you put him and wouldn't budge an inch because he had to analyze everything around him. I never had to baby-proof the house; heck, I even tried to SHOW him the pots and pans and would look at me like I was crazy!

Lily, however, has to eat, touch and hit everything! In fact, SHE NEVER STOPS MOVING! I feel like I can't do anything because I have to keep, my eyes on her every second. One good things is she can entertain herself which Vincent still cannot do. I love her to pieces because she just looks right up at me and smiles every time. Who would have thought that she would have turned out to be a very happy baby?



This is cute vieo of Lily bouncing and having a good time. (However, if you don't like to look at a lot of videos, save your time for the one of her wanting Vincent's sucker down below.)










This is Lily outside, eating mud, and loving it! It doesn't matter how many toys I put outside, she always manages to find the biggest clump of dirt and eat it. Boy does she get mad when I take it out of her mouth.





This is a much lovelier and cleaner Lily.




Lily loves Elmo but... what child doesn't? Elmo's head moves side to side on this toy and it is really funny to watch Lily get excited and sway side to side like Elmo.
Lily now has 4 teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom with the third one breaking through on the right. Don't stick your finger in her mouth if you ever want to use them again! No, seriously!


I just love this picture. Lily is wearing a dress my mom gave her and I just think she looks so pretty (minus the snot coming from her nose).

Another funny thing about Lillian is that she is a HOG! She will eat anything that she can put in her mouth. There hasn't been a single food that I have given her that she HASN'T liked. Some of those foods include beats, lemon, pickles, hummus, Arabic pickles etc. One of her favorite foods are macaroni noodles in tomato sauce and grilled cheese sandwhich.



Now that Lily is crawling, the minute she spots Vincent eating at the table, she will crawl over, sit right under him and wait for him to drop something on the ground like a dog. Lily also insists on eating dinner with the family! Each night we put her in her high chair, pull her up to the table and she starts slapping her tray and grunting louder than you have ever heard before. I can't shove the food in her mouth fast enough not to mention that it has to be the food on our plate and not from the "jar". It is quite entertaining!




This is a small example of what I am talking about. Vincent had a sucker in his hand and she was eyeing it intently. She then started grunting at him as if she were trying to say "Hello?!? Give me your sucker!" YOU MUST, MUST, MUST, SEE THIS!!!!!






Here is Lily in all her fatness! She gives true meaning to the saying, "What I eat goes to straight to my thighs". She currently weighs 21 pounds and 12 ounces (04/14/09). My left arm can't take it any longer.

Lily's "Boobs" :)

Lily's chunky thighs. Vincent says all the time... "Oh mom don't you just love Lily's fat? I feel like I want to eat it." I love to compare the size of her arm to her thigh.



Lily also loves the water. One of her favorite times of the day is taking a bath with her brother. The minute I undress her it's like she knows she is going to the bath and that makes her very excited.



This is video of her and Vincent having a ball in the bath:)




Well, I guess that about does it on an update with Lily.

We love you Lily! Although you gave us a scare in the first four months (I now wonder if you were testing our sense of humor), you are a joy and a blessing to us all. I can't wait to see who and what you will become. I couldn't wish for a better addition to our family:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is the cutest!! Charlie still isnt crawling..he does the rocking back and forth and manages to go backward but cant quite the going forward thing. He doesnt have 1/4 the rolls that she does..so cute!

Allyson & Jere said...

FINALLY an update or 12. I've missed you. And really, are we surprised that she's a "hog"? You seem to only know how to make rolly polly's. But they sure are cute in all their chub. Lilly in the swimsuit is AMAZING!