Monday, May 11, 2009

A Very Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day for me started Saturday night when I fell asleep at 9:30 and pretty much slept through the night (as much as a parent can with a 10-month old). I then got woken up at 9:30 a.m. by Vincent and Josh who gave me their cards right away.

Vincent was very excited about Mother's Day. He would say things like "I want to sit by you because it Mother's Day," or "I want to hold your hand because it's Mother's Day." It was very cute!

Josh and Vincent took me out to breakfast to Village Inn. One of the things I get tired of is cooking, so, it is big treat when we get to go out. Then we came home and spent time together until we had to go to church.

At church, Vincent sang in the program with our very, very, very small primary and thanks to my extremely small video camera, I got up the nerve to film it!


One of my favorite quotes of the day from Vincent was when he ran out of his snack in Sacrament and asked me if I had more. When I said "No" he got very upset and said "You are the worst mother on Mother's Day!" I just couldn't help but laugh.

I enjoyed church that day because I got to lead the primary kids in their singing time, which I have never done before. Candace, the girl who usually has that job, had a little boy who was sick so she asked me at the last minute. The kids were so cute and it seemed like they were having fun! I know I was! Vincent blushed when I told the kids I was his Mom. I know, I know, it will only get worse.

After church it got a little crazy because my neighbor Ashley was having a BBQ for her family members and also invited a few neighbors. We weren't sure we were going to be there until Ashley asked us at 5pm Sat night if they could use our yard to have the BBQ. We have a beautiful and very large yard with lots of sitting space, shade and toys for kids. Of course, we said yes and then Josh realized "Now I have to mow the lawn!" He started to mow lawn and in the middle of it all, ran over a steal post and broke the lawn mower. Then we had to borrow our other neighbor's mower to finish the job (thanks Dawn!)

We had a wonderful time meeting their family. I just sat, looked around and thought to myself, how wonderful it is to have such a variety of people in our lives and the friendships that come from branching out and not being so inclusive to just my family or church members. I love being grand central station because we have so much fun. Rodd (Ashley's husband) said "Now that we know each other's parents...That means we are dating." These are the neighbors who are over at our house 5 nights a week playing games and watching our favorite shows together. They always joke about how they just need to sell their house and move in. That way we will get some rent off the deal.

WE LOVE YOU ASHLEY AND RODD...DON'T MOVE!!!!!

Mother's Day ended with an early bed time once again being 9:30 and cuddling with Vinny on the couch. I tried to include Lily but as you have already heard, SHE WON'T SIT STILL.

Thank you to my wonderful family who made Mother's Day so special and fun. And, thank you to my mother for always being there and teaching me everything I know. I wouldn't be the mother I am today if it wasn't for you.

5 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Ok, you're KILLING me. You freaking vidoed in sacrament meeting. Only you Sabrina. Sounds like a great Mothers Day for you! Ummm, will we be seeing you soon? Looking forward to it!

Allyson & Jere said...

By the way, you primary is only slightly bigger than my primary. It sorta sucks to have so few kids, but, what ya gonna do? Oh, and I cna't BELIEVE you've never been Primary chorister. Seems to me like that is soooo where you belong! I'm sure you'd be amazing.

Shea said...

Happy (late) Mother's Day! Glad you're here in the big AZ for a while!

jake and jenni said...

its fun to see your family again... lillian is so big now...and cute!

Momma Dianna said...

Miss you Sabrina! I made our family blog private today so if you'd like to check up on us every now and then, send me your email address to modelgirl1@gmail.com so I can send you an invite. Hope you guys are doing well.