Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Beautiful Day at The Tulip Festival...

I believe if you were to ask some one what they think of when they think of Utah in the Spring, most would say, "Tulips." At least I would anyway. The flowers here are so beautiful--not to mention all the trees and luscious green grass.

My cousins called me one evening and invited us to join them at Thanksgiving Point to see the Festival of the Tulips. We didn't hesitate for a moment; we were very excited.

The first thing we saw when we got there were these cute ducks with their chicks. I didn't know this, but ducks/geese hiss. It's true! I got semi-close to take this picture and I guess they felt threatened for their babies because they started hissing at me:)


We walked all around and stumbled upon this little pond where you could feed the fish. Lily loved watching them eat.







This is Vincent and his cousin Ella. She just loves Vinny. One day she was at her Grandma's house and they were talking about Vincent. When she heard her Grandma call him Vincent she got very upset and said, "We do not use nicknames Grandma! His name is Vinny!" I love that story:)


It is not easy trying to get a picture of six children at the same time! These are our cousin's:

Ella, Eva, Katie Bell and Maggie.


Man I love this baby! She is so cute and fun!




My cousin Launie and her kids.


My other cousin Jamie and her kids Ella and Eva.


There were so many beautiful places to see.


The boy is coming out in Vinny. He wanted to climb this post and when he got up he said, "Take a picture Mom!"


Here is my little Lily eating the rocks, of course!



Yummy!



Boy do I love this kid too! Look how handsome. Poor Vinny... the only boy amongst all of us girls.


I have never seen so many different types of tulips.



I loved this little area. I wish it was my back yard!


This water fountain was huge! This is only half of it in the picture.






We later went to the kids discovery area. They had fun playing on a caterpillar.

This was a lighthouse you could climb to the top of. Vincent loved that! Lily loved eating the grass.



My little hillbilly.







We got to go in a cave where there were bears and they were playing sound effects. Vincent was a little freaked out at first but quickly got over it.


Rest time!

I thought this was so cute of Ella and Lily hanging out together. Ella said to her mom, "Mom, Lily is a good little eater." She is just full of cute comments.

Lily wishing she could run with the kids.After our fun day, we had lunch in a cafe with all 6 of our kids and they were perfect little darlings! The food was good too:)



3 comments:

Brent Nichols said...

The picture at the top of your blog is missing Lily! Sheesh. Brendan wants you to know that he actually looked at the last few posts. See you in a few weeks!

SaMash said...

Wow, you did get some ADORABLE pictures at the festival. SO CUTE!!! Now I'm jealous we didn't get to go... :(

Jamie said...

That was such a fune day! Ella really loved looking at the pics too. She loves your kids. You got so many cute pics of the kids!