Friday, May 8, 2009

You Know You're a Redneck....

You know you're a redneck when you are cookin' breakfast outside on the griddle and you're not even camping!

I definitely had a very hilarious morning last Sunday. I had just finished cleaning my house the day before and--for those of you with no vent over your stove or who have a very small kitchen will understand the reason for my madness--I didn't want to stink my house up with eggs and bacon! Even "Scentsy" isn't strong enough for this!

So, I came up with the brilliant idea to cook outside using my griddle and the burner on my grill. And for those of you wondering if it is still cold in Utah, the answer is "No". I just simply didn't want to put on a bra:) Another classic redneck moment.


I have to say that we had breakfast burritos and they tasted great, AND since there was relatively no mess, I got to enjoy the outdoors while I cooked--I think this may become an occasional habit :)

To my DAD.... I know I've made you proud:)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love that you admit you just didn't want to wear a bra! Good to see how much you guys are lovin Utah.

Anonymous said...

you kill me.... :)

Dana said...

Okay...you really did make me laugh out loud. The entire thing could have been straight from my own "closeted red-neck" self. I can't stand to dirty/smelly (& bacon lasts forever!) up my clean kitchen and a bra is sooo over-rated. Miss having you in AZ with us, but love all of your creative adaptions to wherever you are. You're great Sabrina!